Our exFAT File System is compliant with Microsoft’s exFAT Specification and we are an official licensee of Microsoft for exFAT solutions. We have leveraged our 25+ years of experience with file systems to create a small and efficient implementation that is ideally suited to embedded applications.
Why Use exFAT?
By using our Embedded exFAT File System, you can avoid the inherent limitations of the FAT32 specification. exFAT support file sizes and storage media limits that greatly exceed the capacity of any storage media in existence today. To summarize, exFAT supports:
- Storage media of any size, up to 128 PiB (128 x 250 bytes)
- Max file size: 128 PiB (128 x 250 bytes)
- Long file names: up to 255 characters long, using the UTF-16 character set
- Multi-Language support using the UTF-16 character set
Features of our exFAT File System
- Coded to MISRA 2012 guidelines
- OS and device independent so easily ported to your environment
- Optimized for indexing and playing media files
- Small foot print
- Read only version available
Below is the architecture diagram for our Embedded exFAT File System implementation.
API Function Calls for Read only version
The API for the exFAT File System includes the following groups of function calls, organized in an intuitive and consistent structure facilitating rapid integration with your application code. exFAT is delivered with complete source code.
Upcase Table Functions
Directory Entry Functions
Set Access Functions